BRISK Coffee was founded in 1968, with a 100-pound batch roaster, a small warehouse, one delivery truck and a passion for fine coffees. Today, BRISK has grown to become one of the largest independent roasters in the Southeastern United States, with offices in Tampa, Ft. Lauderdale, Miami and Atlanta. Through our network of distributors and transportation affiliates, we are able to serve customers in Florida, throughout the US and worldwide.
State of the Art Building and Equipment
Our dual building design flow makes the best use of space, allowing efficient raw matierals and finished goods inventory management. Multiple loading docks and bays ease incoming shipments, outgoing shipments and haul administration. Important manufacturing features of our operation include:
- Burns Thermalo ACO 500 pound 4-bag Capacity Roasters with customer retrofitted control panels for better control of roast temperature and time
- Burns Catalytic Afterburners that meet Federal EPA Standards
- Burns 2000-pound capacity coffee blenders
- High performance bag house-style dust collectors, coolers, and stoners, operated by sequential computerized control, all operate to maximize green bean preparation for roasting
- Gump Model 777 Coffee Granulizers
- Gump Coffee Granulizers fitted exclusively for espresso coffee
- Masipack continuous motions high speed packing machines
- Key-Pack form/fill/Seal Vertical Packing Machines
- Key-Pack Form/Fill/Seal Bag-in-Bagger specialty machines for filter pack, in-room and airline coffee
- Vertical Form/Fill/Seal Whole Bean Packers capable of producing 1 lb. – 5 lb. polypropylene bags
- Retail, specialty pack equipment
Quality Control and Customer Service
On-site laboratory used for quality control, research and development, proprietary blend development, testing and analysis.
Centralized Customer Service and Billing Center, MIS integrated and fully computerized with EDI capabilities using multiple ordering platforms.
Multiple docks and bays ease incoming shipments, outgoing shipments and haul administration.
On-site Conference Center overseeing nature preserve.
Family Owned and Operated for Over 40 Years
BRISK Coffee continues to be family owned—and operated with the same philosophy that laid the foundation for our success more than 40 years ago:
To consistently deliver the freshest, richest coffees available anywhere, to always exceed expectations with regard to service and quality, and to provide 100-percent satisfaction to our customers.
With these guiding principals in mind, we follow a simple rule that other coffee companies cannot match: We don’t roast a single bean, until you place your order. This means that your coffee is as fresh as it can possibly be. The flavor of coffee peaks after roasting and then diminishes over time, even in a sealed bag, and very quickly once exposed to air, light, and moisture. So the sooner you can enjoy your beans after roasting, the better your coffee will taste.
We believe that the best coffee is created through a partnership of Old World Craftsmanship and New Age Technology.
We Exceed Federal, State and Local Standards
Our commitment to quality includes our new, state of the art production facilities, which meet and exceed the latest required Federal, State and Local standards including:
- State of Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services Food Permit
- National Registry of Food Safety Professional: Certified Food Safety Manager
- NSF Cook and Thurber Certificate of Completion
- Department of Agriculture Food Safety Inspection Report Certificate
- Circle K Kosher Certified
- Environmental Protection Agency Standard Afterburner System Approval
- Brisk Coffee is also a certified, minority-owned business through the FMSDC.
"Freshness is the key component to quality. Our model delivers the freshest coffee to our customers."
- Randy Gonzalez, Vice President, Manufacturing and Quality Control
We are an MBE - Certified Business through FMSDC
Hispanic Owned: 100%
Woman Owned: 100%
Percentage of minority workforce: 72%
Percentage of female workforce: 32%
Denise Reddick - President/CEO
Randall Gonzalez - Vice President/Quality Control and Manufacturing
Vicky Moore - Director of Contracts
Orlando Rodriguez - Director of Production
Julie Beck - Director of Customer Service
Laura Dietz - Director of Quality Control